History of the Ministry of Agriculture of Estonia
The founding date of the Ministry of Agriculture of Estonia is considered to be 12 November 1918, when PhD Jaan Raamot was appointed the first Minister of Agriculture and Food. The location of the ministry was in Tallinn, Wismari Street 7.
With the decision of the Estonian provisional government, the Ministry of Agriculture and Food were separated into two different ministries. Otto Strandman became the Minister of Agriculture and Jaan Raamot the Minister of Food. In March 1935, the government bought the building Lai 39/41, since 1936, the whole Ministry of Agriculture has been situated in this building. It is the only ministry in Estonia, which has been working in the same building, since the day of its establishment.
last update: 15.06.2009