The Ministry of Agriculture has created several measures to develop the activities of rural enterprises and improve their economic sustainability. The Estonian Rural Development Plan 2007–2013 (RDP) constitutes one example of such measures. Rural Entrepreneurship Bureau is a structural unit under the Rural Development Department of the Ministry of Agriculture.
The main objective of the Rural Entrepreneurship Bureau is to plan and implement rural development policy; the main aim of the bureau is to raise the competitiveness of rural economy with the help of the RDP investment measures.
To achieve this end, the Rural Entrepreneurship Bureau performs the following tasks:
- analyze the situation of rural economy, including agriculture and the impacts of the Common Agricultural Policy on rural economy;
- prepare the investment measures of the RDP for the development of agriculture and rural economy;
- participate in the preparation process of the strategies in its field and in the implementation process of the European Union structural funds;
- participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the RDP;
- draft legal acts and contracts necessary to fulfil the tasks of the bureau.
Information about Rural Development Plan investment measures
last update: 14.09.2011