The 2022 Annual Meeting of the OECD Seed Schemes will take place on 13–17 June 2022 in Tallinn, Estonia.
I have the honour to invite you to Tallinn to attend the OECD Seed Schemes Annual Meeting 2022. We are pleased to organize the annual meeting in Estonia for the first time. In view of the difficult situation in the world where food security has become a priority for all, the meeting has even bigger meaning because of it. There will be special workshop “Contribution of seeds to sustainable food systems” which will address this issue.
Minister of Rural Affairs
Republic of Estonia
- Monday, 13 June
- Bureau meeting
- Workshop "Contribution of seeds to sustainable food systems"
Agriculture and food systems face a formidable triple challenge: ensuring food security for a growing global population, providing livelihoods along the food chain, and enhancing the sustainability of the sector and its contribution to climate change mitigation. Seed plays a key role to address these challenges. This workshop aims to discuss the relevant policies in participating countries to identify how the seed sector, particularly seed varietal certification, can contribute to the triple challenge. The outcome of the workshop will contribute to the OECD Meeting of Agriculture Ministers to be held in November 2022.
- Tuesday, 14 June
- Technical working group meeting
- Welcome cocktail at the foyer of the conference centre
- Wednesday, 15 June
- Field trip
- Thursday, 16 June
- Annual meeting
- Official dinner at the Tallinn TV Tower
- Friday, 17 June
- Annual meeting (cont.)
- Annual Meeting photo gallery
Photos: Ministry of Rural Affairs
The seating arrangement depicted is illustrative.
Travel, accommodation costs and visa fees are covered by participants themselves. Please note that the conference organisers do not organise or book any accommodation.
Registration fees cover conference services as well as food and refreshments for the entire the event and the field trip. All participants are also invited to an official dinner hosted by the organizers.
- Entire event, 13–17 June – € 450
- Workshop "Contribution of seeds to sustainable food systems" only, 13 June – € 100
- Technical working group meeting only, 14 June – 150 €
- Field trip and annual meeting, 15–17 June – € 350
- Annual meeting only, 16–17 June – € 250
price for one – € 115 per night
price for two – € 130 per night
Booking, payment and cancellation conditions
- The discounted rate is available until 16 May 2022. If booking later, the availability of the discounted rate is subject to the occupancy of the hotel.
- Cancellation free of charge is possible up to 15 days prior to arrival. Later cancellation will incur a 100% fee.
- Full prepayment is required no later than 15 days prior to arrival date.
- A deposit of € 75 per room will be charged upon arrival for extras, which will be refunded upon departure.
Currency and shopping
Travel and transport
Travel to Estonia
Transport to and from the Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport