Mart Järvik is the Minister of Rural Affairs of the Republic of Estonia as of 29 April 2019. He is a member of the Conservative People’s Party of Estonia.
Mart Järvik was born on 21 February 1956 in Käru. He is married and a father to a son and a daughter. Järvik became a member of the Estonian Conservative People’s Party in 2015. He was awarded with the Medal of merits of the Estonian Defence League for special merits in 2010.
- As of 2017, he is a member of the Kehtna Rural Municipality Council.
- In 2010–2014, he served as Deputy Chairman of the Association of Estonian Cities.
- In 2002–2017, he was the Rural Municipality Mayor of Järvakandi.
- in 1999–2017, he was a member of the Järvakandi Rural Municipality Council.
- As of 1991, he has been the head of the Rassi farm.
- Mart Järvik graduated from the Tihemetsa Sovkhoz Technical School in agricultural mechanisation in 1975, from the University of Tartu Türi College in environmental sciences in 2009, and from the University of Tartu in environmental management in 2011. He speaks Estonian, English, Russian, and Finnish.